A real photo by Barnard's Studio, Hull featuring the Aegir. She was built in 1912 at Cochrane of Selby for D. Hurtley & Sons, Hull. In 1918 she passed to Cooperative Wholesale Society under the same name. She became the Ville d'Etaples in 1924. A little corner and edge wear and light album corner impressions. A few surface impressions, indentations. Note that the light brown sepia colour marks on the card are in the original printing and look like fingerprints on the original negative. Otherwise a little light surface marking. Inked ship notes to the reverse, otherwise light marking / ageing and a few extremely light foxing spots. (VG-)
Copyright 2010-2016 www.Shipping-Postcards.com. All rights reserved.