A photo postcard by Cooper of Liverpool, featuring the sailing ship Omega. She was built in 1887 as the Drumcliff, becoming the Omega in 1898. She stayed with the company until 1920, when she was sold to the Peruvian Government. In 1926 she passed to Cia Administradora del Guano, Peru, for the transportation of guano locally in Peru. She lasted a long tine in this role until 1958 and was one of the last large sailing ships in commercial use. Very light corner and edge wear. Extremely light marking to the front. A little marking / ageing to the reverse with some light foxing type marks. (VG)
Copyright 2010-2016 www.Shipping-Postcards.com. All rights reserved.